Every year, millions of Americans lose teeth due to gum disease, injuries, or tooth decay. For a while, dentures and dental bridges were the only viable options for teeth replacement. Today, we are able to offer a stronger and more permanent option for holding artificial teeth in place, called dental implants. Learn more about dental implants below.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial root that is surgically inserted into the bone as a foundation for a replacement tooth. Dental implants are made to be as long-lasting and strong as possible. Because of this, the process involves five different steps and can take up to a few months.
What are the advantages of a dental implant?
- Dental implants feel, look, and function just like the rest of your teeth
- They are permanent, so no need to worry about your teeth falling out when you talk, laugh, or cough
- A full, beautiful smile can do wonders for your self esteem
- Dental implants are extremely durable and made to last a lifetime if taken care of
- As opposed to a dental bridge, we won’t have to wear down any of your existing teeth
Contact us to discuss your teeth replacement options or to schedule your next appointment with Dental Innovations.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT